hi cyber-dad-don

At 12:27 1998/12/21 -0500, you wrote, in part:
>i will start this way; i use EUDORA PRO-4.0 now.
>my baby [youngest daughter age 50] did this
>so i don't goof on e-mail like i did.
>
>go to nicknames, type in nickname, and click ok (don't close out of it)
>go to mail box and click on e-mail you want to save
>highlight e-mail address
>go to edit and click on copy
>go to nickname click the right mouse button click paste
>and there it is.
>
>so all i do now is go to nicknames and click on it
>and your e-mail address is there
>she has it written out for me
>
>now what does 're' and 're to all' mean?
>re just to that person
>and re to all get it?

yep
[i use eudora light - free on the wwweb -
it doesn't have as many features as eudora pro]
but
reply =
reply to the 'from' address of the current message

[in other words, the e-mail address in the 'from' field
of the message you want to reply to, will automatically
be placed in the 'to' field of your reply message for you]

reply to all =
reply to the 'from' address of the current message
as well as all the 'cc' addresses on the current message

[in other words, the e-mail address in the 'from' field
of the message you want to reply to,
along with all of the 'cc' addresses, will automatically
be placed in the 'to' field of your reply message for you]

>also on senior list they said to highlight what
>you want to answer to and the rest is not there.
>that may cut back on so much to read or
>like i put 'non PD - LIKE HELP' in the 'subject' header
>SO YOU WILL KNOW NOT TO BOTHER READING IT
> - ooops - there i go yelling (in all caps) -
>also i can delete all messages at once, just say yes or no to confirm
>so, some of you pc folks who are smart, give me the answer.

heck, we don't need any answers from them
we've got our own cyber-nerd right here!

>i am like a lot of daddys -
>you don't like your baby to tell you what to do.
>it's the same old story - dad knows best - lolo!

e-mail is a new frontier

learning to do something as basic as driving a car [or a tractor!]
needs a few lessons

>i am having lot of trouble in understand now.

i can't see it, cyber-dad!
i think you understand a whole lot more than you give yourself credit for!
sheesh, nerd lessons, what will you be getting up to next?

love

sis

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada