 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      deg. F   :-)
It started at 4:00. My neighbor Pam came by with a card and a beautiful
tin full of homemade cookies. My friend Jeff called, and picked up a
prescription and brought my Selegiline Hydrochloride (*Eldepryl) here.
I've been homebound today so far.

  Hilary Blue of our List called from Israel offering support..  Then
Rayella, a nurse, called from Tennessee who can come if I find the plane
fare, for Jan 4-8.  Then Tony,a former frozen foods co-worker from 1990
whom I had not seen in NINE years called to drop by with his roommate,
Roger.
They spent from 7 to 930 here, because Tony is barely able to move his
legs now, and had heard about my volunteer work for disabled PWP's
locally..  I showed them how to convert Roger into a caretaker so that
Tony will be better off-Roger won't have to find a job out of their
apartment..-he can work where they are.
Then Elizabeth called 20 minutes ago.  She is 80 and a widow and needs
someone to talk to.  Now I'm warming up a plate of food for her. Someone
named Gabriel left a bouquet of pine and roses and carnations in the
front door.  Janice is nearly unable to workdue tosimultaneous carpal
tunnel in boht wrists, so she's asleep by woodstove #1.
Antoinette called and will try to get here at 1AM by taxi and be a
caretaker for me since Jnaice is injured.
Meanwhile Jay of New Jersey has disappeared after having called Tuesday
at 730 PM.., worried about me..He had been talking last weekend to me
about trying to rent a U-Haul and coming up here with his son Nicky to
stay here.

But this afternoon I heard that the number of the house he was staying at
now has an unlisted new number.  I hope it'snot a drug dealer's den
because both his son and I tried to talk to him there yesterday and he
was extremely stressed and sounded awful.

So I'm helping one or two of the homeless and hungry and praying that
either Jay can be saved and sent to me with is son, or that something
happens so I don't end up alone and headed for a hospital.
I'm also praying that I can continue to stay here safely without
weakening.  I know that sound sbad, so excuse me.

Elizabeth was crying on the phone and needs to talk to someone but the
taxi driver just called and will take her to the hospital if she is not
funcitoning.  She had a heart attack in July and only got home two weeks
ago but I don't think she should be alone.

Hope someone out there figures out how to help me get in touch with Jay.
He's still my number one possibility for a live-in caregiver.  All of the
ads I have sent out or had posted plus one in the newspaper tht is
running right now hav eproduced noone . I wonder if mentioning
"Parkinson's Disease" in a home-care needed ad scares people away.

Maybe next week's ad should say that I am moderately disabled, and the PD
diagnosis will not be printed or disclosed.  Maybe I should just tell
them I have a condition requiring medication ijn order to avoid
paralysis.  IT's so complicated and at least tonight I am busy helping a
few strays survive.

Elizabethh and taxi driver arriving. SHe looks weak.  GOtta go.  Please
write.  LOVE YOU ALL
IVAN
Janice, my homeless temporary caregiver, can stay here until sometime
next week.  Brad, my college classmate formBoston, will come back from
Atlanta and hopefully will be here for Dec 31-Jan2.  Sue, a current
caregiver, will come in from Massachusetts to cover me on Jan 3.
IF all these people get here, someone will be here through Jan.8.