Kees,
An excellent Idea which with some development could be the basis for a great
system.
I agree that for the computer-sophisticated people your suggestion makes a lot
of sense.  The problem is that for a lot of people who join the list cyberspace
is a new and frightening place and it would be difficult - but not impossible to
set up.  Perhaps we could get listmembers  proficient with the various mail
clients to develop a set of directions for each on how to set up such a system
and send it with the initial welcome.  And then we could Post a reference to
those directions weekly like Camilla does directing people to CARE..  I think
that would work if we designed it carefully and  then" list police "  would
meanly need to send a gentle reminder to those who routinely forget to use the
subject code..  I think that would take care of most of my concerns.  The list
could grow without discouraging large numbers of PWP who wish to be on the list
but are  overwhelmed.  The filters could eliminate unwanted  topics- members
could  send as many messages as they wish without discouraging anyone from
participating..

Thanks Kees for your post- a Christmas Present- which I think has the potential
promote Peace on Earth (or at least in our little corner of cyberspace).

What do others think?

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.