An open letter to Don, and the list.  This time of year, when most of the
world is either celebrating happy occasions, just finishing celebrating or
about to start them, we have a few hundred well assorted souls linked together
with an electronic miracle, or at least the beginning of one.  Call it THE
LIST, for simplicity.  We are here due to a cause no one can celebrate, it is
a "disease", a "curse" a "malady" a "condition" ..  I don't need to name it,
just use PD for now.  It has given us all something in common.  Sixteen
hundred souls who have a common enemy, but who care about each other enough to
get angry, cry, laugh, be frustrated beyond all emotions.........  Sixteen
hundred people to worry about, feel loneliness for when they are not around.
Some of us can barely move, are frightened, and don't know what to do next.
Too often, those are the ones who are expected to be strongest!  Do the
caregivers, or the doctors, or the parents or the children have the answers?
Maybe a few, not enough.  Can we WIN this war against PD?  Yes,
Is the LIST perfect?  NO!  Can we make it better?  Yes, CAN we do it without
folks like DON???  I don't want to try without DON!  We need him more than he
needs us.  He is the kind of guy who has the guts to keep going against all
odds.  We don't need any police or guards or watchmen on the list, we are
going to beat the daylights out of PARKINSONS
DISEASE, NOT EACH OTHER!  So choose your weapons!  Use telephones, computers,
joke books, cook books, libraries, politicians, friends, enemies, teachers,
doctors, pharmacists, whatever it takes.........  Just get on the same side
and lets make PARKINSONS a part of the past.  If anyone wants to take the time
to post to the list, let's just give them a chance and the benefit of the
doubt, and hope they turn out to be part of the winning battle, okay?  PS,
Don, don't get MAD, get EVEN!!!  Our new motto:
A CURE FOR SURE!
That's all I have to say right now, and I trust it is enough!