     We are rather new to this disease so we may not be up on the
vocabulary and terms.  I have been on the list for about 3 weeks
now.  My husband was dx with Parkinson=92s in 1996 and started
Sinemet in Oct. of 1997.  In retrospect, he had symptoms a couple
of years earlier.  At that time he had quite a tremor on the right side
(dominant side) and the right leg was stiff, dragged, and did not
move well at the ankle.  His shoulders were pulled down and
forward.   His face lost much of his expression.  He had difficulty
eating, getting in and out of bed, and getting up from sitting
position.  After a couple of months on the medicine, his symptoms
improved.  He takes carbid/levid 10/100 three times a day  5:30 am
( pills) 11:00 am ( pills) and 3:00 PM (pill) .  He goes to bed early
and gets up early so much of the medication is taken in the
morning.  From what I have read from the list, it seems as if he is
taking quite a small dose of medicines.
     He has a lot of tremor when he gets up, but it gets better when
he warms up and takes the pills.  He is often cold and his hands are
like rubber gloves filled with ice water.  Is this a PD symptom that
is common or is it maybe left over from his chemotherapy 11 years
ago? He sometimes will have tremor in between pill time.  How
long does the medication usually last?  His PCP is new to us as the
other one went into administration.  We were not impressed but
will give him a time or two for us to get used to him.  We asked if taking=
 one
pill at a time would be helpful.  The doctor said to just try different
schedules.  We would like some suggestions and input from you.
    Our question is how long does the pill last?  Is it different
different days?  He is really still doing quite well unless he gets
cold, upset, angry, or excited.
   Also, it there a site or something that gives more of a timeline of
the advancement of the disease.  We have both battled cancer and I
have diabetes and heart rhythm problems, so a part of me wonders
how quickly this usually goes to be really debilitating.  I know
everyone is different, but a general idea would be helpful.

Jeannie  WA