At 06:13 PM 12/29/98 EST, you wrote:
>Information found in Resource Guide section AARP magazine, Jan/Feb 99
>
>New Medicare Rules set up new criteria for skilled nursing care in home or in
>nursing facilities.
>
>If you have recently been denied skilled nursing care by Medicare (NOT
>Medicaid), send a letter outlining your situation to AARP Legal Advocacy
>Group, PO Box 91190-MED, Washington, DC 20090-1190.

AARP is a front for some powerful insurance companies..whose interest is
not the retired or disabled...but wringing more money out of the government
that will directly go into corporate coffers.

AARP's paid lobbiests not only collect signatures and cards from their
membership but also contributions...so the corporation outlay for lobbying
is paid for by the people who pay AARP premiums and dues.

"Finding a Cure" is of little priority to them.

That's my opinion from the mail my mother receives from them..she believes
them...they are slick.

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Search the Parkinsn Archive Treasures on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html
John Cottingham