HI Mary,

You should not be taking eldepryl if you are taking (another) MAOI..  It
theoretically might improve your PD.  There are all sorts of warnings with MAOI
antidepressants  regarding foods and other medicines.  I used to give my patients
these warnings faithfully and while most of them as well as me were worried about
problems I had no one develop a serious problem.  But most followed the
instructions to the letter.

MAOI's are extremely useful drugs for certain depressions and panic disorder and
as long as the psychiatrist checks the drug interactions carefully it should be
safe

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin