Dear Jim,
Welcome to the list, where I'm sure you'll find many caring and
knowledgeable people.

I've not heard of a relationship between hemochromatosis and PD;
however, iron buildup in the substantia nigra is common in PD, and it's
possible your doctors feel that hemochromatosis might have raised your
risk for PD, particularly as your grandfather had PD.

Nevertheless, if your doctors do not include a neurologist specializing
in movement disorders, I would recommend you seek one out and ask for a
second opinion.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--