Abandon all hope, ye salesmen who enter here!

There is a critique of the credentials and claims of "Dr." Wigmore on
the web pages of the non-profit consumer organization National
Council Against Health Fraud www.ncahf.org.  See the NCAHF
Newsletter, Vol 17 #5, Sept-Oct 1994, which states, for example, that
Wigmore, who identified herself as a Doctor of Divinity, did not
hold a degree from any accredited institution.

Wigmore founded the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston and
promoted a diet of raw vegetables and juices.  I do not doubt that
many people benefit from this diet, considering the unhealthfulness
of the typical America meal.  But no real person, as far as I know,
has ever been reported as cured of Parkinson's disease by anything,
diet included.

> "...Now I will have been on the therapy for two full months, next
> Monday, and all my shakes have gone.  It was like being born
> again.  Unbelievable!"  J.Y.  Tasmania

If J.Y. of Tasmania experienced a great reduction in symptoms, could
it be that the change to a vegetarian diet, which would have meant a
great reduction in protein and fat, had the effect of increasing the
bioavailability of J.Y.'s sinemet?

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990