Bob Anibal writes:

> quackery - a man who worked for me was discovered wih Wilson's disease and
> chelation therapy was the treatment and it worked. If you would like to

Bob,

Wilson's disease is something totally different.  It is a condition
that is proven to be due to an excess of copper in the system due to
an enzyme defect.  Chelation *agents* are used to decrease the copper
(which actually *increases* when it is being "mobilized"), but
"Chelation Therapy" is something which is touted by non-scientific
people to "cure" diseases which have nothing to do with excess
metals.

Chelation is not new.  We used it back in the sixties for lead
poisoning in children.  That was when the quacks seized on it and
began to sell it to an unsuspecting and desperate public.  It is like
what happened at the end of the 19th century with "electricity".  As
electricity was discovered and exploited, the snake-oil folks came
out of the woodwork and touted "electrotherapy" for virtually
everything.

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"