Hello Dr. Fink. I have no interest nor do I plan on any interest, just
presenting more data to all the posts.  Hoping I haven't offended
anyone,best wishes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert A. Fink, M.D. <[log in to unmask]>
To: ERVIN J MCCARTHY <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 1998 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: More on Chelation

Ervin McCarthy writes:

> Conclusion: New and exciting research now demonstrates that the etiology
of
> Parkinson's disease, although not clearly defined, quite likely involves
an
> environmentally induced manifestation of a genetic predisposition. Thus,
> individuals with specific genetic defects causing hepatic detoxification
> enzyme dysfunction may develop Parkinson's disease as a result of exposure
> to certain environmental xenobiotic chemicals proving neurotoxic. We
> hypothesize that defects in fully detoxifying xenobiotics may allow damage
> to specific carrier systems for iron allowing increased concentration of
> unbound iron in the substantia nigra leading to enhanced free radical
damage
> to dopamine producing cells.
>
> A. UltraClear PlusO manufactured by HealthComm International Inc.,
>
> P.O. Box 1729, 5800 Soundview Drive, Building B., Gig Harbor, WA 98335.
>
> Tel. (800) 648-5883.
>
> B. Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratory,
>
> 63 Zillicoa St., Asheville, NC 28801-1074.
>
> Tel. (800) 522-4762.

Interesting review of the history of our knowledge of Parkinson's
disease; but all please note:

The "research above" quotes the results in *one patient*.  The
material being used includes gingko, etc., and, most important, the
EDTA (which has been around for a long time), under a patented
"trade-name" of "Ultra Clear Plus", is available only from a
proprietary laboratory (HealthCom International, in WA state).  Is it
a drug?  I doubt it (because it would then be available only by
prescription and would be regulated by the FDA).  Is it expensive?
I'll bet it is, especially if it is only available from one source.

And what about the "assessment of hepatic detoxification competence"?
Also available from one place, "Great Smokies Diagnostic
Laboratory".  I'll bet that's not cheap, either.

Finally, Mr. McCarthy, what is your involvement with these companies?

Best,

Bob

ROBERT A. FINK, M. D., F.A.C.S.
Neurological Surgery
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, CA  94704-2636  USA
Phone:  (510) 849-2555   FAX:  (510) 849-2557

WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"