I'm sorry, Sharon, this is just another of those sick little "jokes" that
some childish minds like to play - not to say that your source is childish,
just the originators.

The idea seems to be to fill the Net with garbage, as witness, the long list
of email addresses in your message.

This is the Net equivalent of graffiti.  Some people...

IBM has never heard of it.

The only reliably sourced instance of contracting a virus via email was a
bug in Microsoft's email that allowed "hackers" to damage your computer
through the use of code in unusually long subject lines.  This can be fixed
via a "patch" downloaded from Microsoft, for those interested.

I have been in the computer game since 1980, and have only ever seen ONE
working virus.  (I have examined the code for several others.)

The only "hacks" I have ever seen were on Unix operating systems, and the
only "virus"-type programs were on Microsoft operating systems.  And I
taught computing in all phases at a tertiary level for seven years!

Jim/15/13

Jim Slattery, Australia

Webmaster, Central West PD Web
http://www.lisp.com.au/~cwpdweb/