At 07:24 PM 12/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>my hubby also says that he can't *see* the pee going on the floor by the
>toilet when he goes...

Coleen, the peeing process for men isn't like you are used to. The fluid
dynamics of peeing through a collapsed hose spreads and separates the
flow...it can be a case of getting a little on the floor or a lot...and
most of us prefer to get a little...:)))

For hubbys urgency problem, he needs to be referred to a urologist by your
neuro. The neuro knows of urologists who are aware of treatments and
procedures necessary for Parkinson's patients. Urgency and incontinence is
painful...and unnecessarily so...if treated.

Click on the underlined address below for the article in the Parkinsn
Current Topics Index. It is my experience.

http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/013.html

On the lack of vision...if hubby has a tummy...he could be blind in that
area and not see the divergent stream.

If hubby has cataracts, get them fixed. Old eyes with cataracts are
needlessly blind with the new intraocular lense implants. It is possible
that his eyesight could be made better than when he was a boy.

I have had both eyes done this year and I am on SSDI with supplement and my
total cost was the $100 medicare deductable. I was hopelessly nearsighted
with thick lenses. I have 20/20 far vision now and only require help when
reading. I drive without glasses for the first time in my life. I would
recommend that procedure to anyone with cataracts. My worklife would have
been so much more productive and less stressful if I had the good vision I
have now. It's a shame so many optometrists would rather try to make a silk
purse out of a sow's ear by fitting glasses rather than referring you to
someone who could fix the problem rather than treating a progressive
condition.

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Search the Parkinsn Archive Treasures on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html
John Cottingham