I just had a look at the site Russ put up, and I like it a lot. I tried
reading the discussions that he has edited out of the listserv stream, and
they are both more readily accessible and more coherent than the original
set of messages. So I'd like to voice my support of this project and
volunteer to do things to help build the site (create pages, edit
discussions, whatever).

Ideas for the current page:
- create a mailto link so visitors can email the person who manages the
site
- fix the broken link to "Most Recent Issue"
- provide some directions for people who want to submit their homepage to
the list of Inkshedder's sites
- put a membership application form up with a link on the main page

My own sense of the state of the electronic versus print world is that we
still need a print version of the newsletter, or at least an email version
of it that could still be sent to those without web access (or ready web
access). I think we still need to be sent something (paper newsletter or
email) once in a while. Question: does every Inkshed member have an email
account? If they do have email accounts, do they check them? If the answer
to both questions was yes, maybe we could get by without a print
newsletter. But what would Sven Birkerts say? Or Clifford Stoll?

Roger Graves
Assistant Professor
Department of English, DePaul University