To tell you the truth, I haven't found a business writing text book that I
consider "good."  The most comprehensive ones in terms of sheer advice are
hideously expensive (over $100).  And all the texts seem to repeat each
other  "the same old, the same old" as the expression goes.

Most are badly under researched and under theorized-- That's my impression.

At 10:43 AM 1/28/99 -0500, Christine Skolnik wrote:
>Just a comment.  I used the St, Martin's Business Writer's Handbook last
>term, and though I found the contents very usefull, the alphabetical
>organization was a hinderance.  The headings aren't obvious and I had to
>look most things up in one of the indexes anyways, plus there was no
>pedagogical or logical flow. They have an alternate text--a guide to writing
>or something.  Anyone used that?
>

>At 02:53 PM 1/27/99 -0400, you wrote:
>>    Greetings!  I am trying to find a good Writing Handbook for
>>Business students at UNBSJ, especially those who are in the Co-op
>>Programme.  I received an examination copy of The Business Writer's
>>Handbook, by Brusaw, Alred and Oliu--St. Martin's Press, 1997.  It
>>has some good features, but I want to compare it to a few
>>others.
>>     Could any of you recommend one that you think is particularly
>>good?  If so, could you send me info. about it so
>>I can order one?  Thanks so much!
>>    Roberta Lee
>>Supervisor, Writing Centre
>>University of New Brunswick, Saint John