I think that the print newsletter has a place, both for the reasons Russ
cites and as a venue for more semi-formal non-refereed articles.  Those
seem to have died off quite a bit since the print newsletter stopped
flourishing, but I think that they do a good job of provoking a slightly
more deliberate set of responses than the quick back-and-forth of e-mail
is likely to do.  It is, however, more expensive in terms of labour as
well as postage.  I'd like to see it kept but would be understanding if
it folded--we are all stupidly busy these days.
--
Doug Brent
Co-ordinator, Undergraduate Program in Communications Studies