I'm curious: is there anyone on-line who would be interested in taking on
the job of editing a print newsletter? As Doug points out, it is a
labour-intensive task. But, like Doug, I'd like to see us preserve some
print forum, since the genre enables some things that electronic text
doesn't, or not easily.
Anthony.

At 01:07 PM 1/12/99 -0700, Doug Brent wrote:
>I think that the print newsletter has a place, both for the reasons Russ
>cites and as a venue for more semi-formal non-refereed articles.  Those
>seem to have died off quite a bit since the print newsletter stopped
>flourishing, but I think that they do a good job of provoking a slightly
>more deliberate set of responses than the quick back-and-forth of e-mail
>is likely to do.  It is, however, more expensive in terms of labour as
>well as postage.  I'd like to see it kept but would be understanding if
>it folded--we are all stupidly busy these days.
>--
>Doug Brent
>Co-ordinator, Undergraduate Program in Communications Studies
>Associate Dean, Academic Programs and Faculty Affairs
>Faculty of General Studies, University of Calgary
>(403) 220-5458
>Fax: (403) 282-6716
>http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~dabrent

Anthony Paré