I like this suggestion, Rhonda. It reminded me that one benefit of the
newsletter editorship, which I shared over a three year period with
colleagues in our Writing Centre, was that it created an added focus for
interest in each other's thinking and teaching. So it could well serve as a
springboard for creative work among faculty and students. But procedures
for the less exciting tasks of keeping up lists of subscribers, stuffing
envelopes, and so on would have to be re-invented at each new institution
or venue for each new issue, and that sounds like a drag.
Anthony

At 01:28 PM 1/13/99 -0800, Rhonda Schuller wrote:
>Are there ways that classes of comp students could take on print-form
newsletters as projects?  The newsletter would jump from venue to venue
with each edition, it would be limited to intensive labour within 14-15
week parameters, and would be a way to keep recruited interest in rhetoric.
 We've (University College of the Fraser Valley) got a couple of courses
here (210 Advanced Comp, 371 Advanced Comp; Theory and Practice) that could
do well with an edition.

Anthony Paré
Chair
Department of Educational Studies