The fact is that much so-called "theoretical" writing is bad, not only in
the use of jargon, but in explaining the obvious by reference to the
arcane, often poorly understood as well. The dangers of this sort of thing
impinges on research such as REED's as well as on other drama research.
Not only teaching is involved here, but also scholarly papers and other
research. My point is that some good ideas do in fact get very lost in bad
methodology and bad rhetoric. I speak from more than thirty years of
experience as an editor.

Cliff Davidson