In a message dated 1/7/99 9:57:50 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< As an editor I have been unhappy for years about the use of jargon >>
And as a future academic/teacher, I've been trying to keep the jargon from
creeping into my language in the first place.  I've found that your average
freshman non-English major could care less about epistemologies, etc., and I
want absolutely *clear* communication with my students.  This may bar me from
getting published in many journals, but I'm in this game to teach.

Tad Atkinson
Ball State University