 Thanks Ervin for this different approach to PD .
Even if chelation only cures Wilson's disease it is still very
importatant to consider  .  Why does Wilson's disease produce
similar symtoms to other causes of PD ? I do not believe that they
are coincidental . Basicaly in PD I believe we are dealing with a
malfunction of the brain . Until we identify the malfunction and
understand it , then progress in understanding PD will be difficult
. A car engine  will run erratically  if the fuel air mixture is not
exploding properly . This lack of proper explosion can be caused
 by a variety of causes . ( lack of compression , faulty spark or
incorrect mixture ) . These different cases produce similar results
because they all affect the explosion . I feel until we can
indentify the common link in all causes of PD symptoms then our
understanding of PD will be very inadequate . Your summary of PD
shows how chelation relates to a lack of dopamine producing cells. I
question this explanation because it does nothing to explain the
movement dysfunction improvements brought about by palidotomy or DBS
.
Thank you  once again for opening up the discusion on the causes of
PD . I have stored your posting for future reference .
     peace
          Alastair     ( [log in to unmask] )