At 07:58 AM 12/31/98 -0400, you wrote:
>The Coney Island Arctic Ice Bears are swimming in the Hudson River at the
>Chelsea Piers in New York City today to raise awareness about Parkinson's
>Disease.
>
>OK, OK it's kind of strange, but Ken Jones, former Mr. America and
>president of the the Arctic Ice Bears, and his club members jumped in the
>Hudson on New Year's Eve day last year and swam about a hundred yards.
>(The club members do this less publicly once a week all winter long.)  For
>their efforts they were rewarded with coverage by over a half dozen radio
>stations, TV and had a photo publishied in the New York Times on New Year's
>Day.
>
>Ken is also a participant in the Parkinson's Unity Walk so he decided to
>dedicate this year's event to Parkinson's to do something very positive
>with the publicity.  We at the Walk have gratefully accepted his offer for
>the sake of increasing research dollars and awareness.
>
>With a little bit of luck the swim will be carried live on TV news and radio.
>
>Please think warm thoughts for the Bears.
>
>-Ken Aidekman
>
>Visit the Parkinson's Unity Walk website:  www.parkinsonwalk.org
>
>Fund the Research.  Find the Cure.
>
>Ken, my man, maybe you've hit on something! AN Annual  ParkinPolar bear swim,
where we could have pledge sheets with monies raised going to local groups.
I for one would plunge in for the cause! Perhaps we  could make our day
April 1- start of pd awareness month?
Incedintally, there is a fellow walking across canada to raise money for, a
disease his son suffers from and he's doing quite well. When are we gonna
stop squawking and start talking bout walkin. A relay whatever, c'mon
there's got to be someone out there who sees the potential in this besides me!!
I'm serious, we can wheel roll hobble or crawl if we have too.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Bill 42  dx29 onset 27