LIST,

I think  Val's letters point out what the benefits and the risk of
counting on the Internet or even this LIST for our information about PD
or any other subject.  The Internet allows free dissemination of  all
information regardless of source.  Posting on this list or a flashy web
site SAYS NOTHING REGARDING THE RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION. It could
be a SCAM for financial gain, a joke, or from well-meaning people who are
convinced of something that isn't true.  It also may be a breakthrough in
medical science which the conservative medical profession rejects.  out
of bias rather than attempting to replicate the data.

It is crucial for our own care  that  we examine and consider critically
all posts and  websites for validity.  In this case the data presented is
virtually all testimonial not controlled studies.  The individual that
was presented as the authority had 2 "doctorate" degrees of questionable
applicability to her area of claimed expert ice (naturopathy is not in a
generally recognized medical science.).  I am not concerned with
listmembers going off their meds and substituting bean sprouts but I
think this rather extreme example is an opportunity to again plea for
CRITICAL THINKING  when reading claims on this list or elsewhere on the
Internet.

That by the way Includes my posts.  I state my opinions and my
experience.  Hopefully I give reasonable advice but at times   I could be
and at times am dead  wrong. ( Just ask Don.  ) .  My plea is to examine
the reliability of the source and weigh the plausibility  of any claims
made.  Be careful of Pseudoscientific claims and if you have any
questions ask someone whose judgment that you trust..

The Internet opens all kinds of doors including those to a lot of
misinformation.  Caveat Emptor- let the "buyer" beware.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin