Ervin McCarthy writes:

> Conclusion: New and exciting research now demonstrates that the
etiology of
> Parkinson's disease, although not clearly defined, quite likely
involves an
> environmentally induced manifestation of a genetic predisposition.
Thus,
> individuals with specific genetic defects causing hepatic
detoxification
> enzyme dysfunction may develop Parkinson's disease as a result of
exposure
> to certain environmental xenobiotic chemicals proving neurotoxic. We
> hypothesize that defects in fully detoxifying xenobiotics may allow
damage
> to specific carrier systems for iron allowing increased concentration
of
> unbound iron in the substantia nigra leading to enhanced free radical
damage
> to dopamine producing cells.

I am amazed at the way our beautiful language can be used to bedazzle
the ignorant.
"...not clearly defined' might mean that its causality (etiology) is
unknown; "...quite likely involves" might also mean "we really do not
know what we are talking about, but let's pin the tail on this side of
the donkey"; of course, we are all born with 'genetic predispositions'
except that nobody knows what they are and what they are doing; and we
are ALL exposed to various chemicals all our lives, be it from the
natural or synthetic fertilizers in the country or the effluent or
burning chemicals from industry; unbound iron is just metallic iron like
any old nail that the carpenter uses, and that certainly does not
enhance free radical formation.
EDTA (ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) has been around for at least 50
years and has been used extensively in the analytical laboratories to
separate and measure individual metallic elements. It is but one of many
chelating agents (from the Greek) that converts an insoluble heavy metal
into a soluble metal complex; technically, heavy metals are those that
are listed past the transition metals in the periodic table.
More recent techniques involving some form of chromatography are
currently used for these analyses, and the production and price of EDTA,
cheap enough before, must have dropped precipitously, except perhaps for
mind readers and snake charmers who can perform with any snake oil
available for those who are willing to pay, often at the expense of
legitimate therapy.
Parkinson' Disease is a terrible plight that robs its victims of a
normal life and for which there is [still] no cure, and to rob these
victims further by fraud is unconscienable.

Michel Margosis