Delda --
Secure Horizons, as other HMO's, vary from state to
state as to the benefits they offer for their SS HMO
drug benefits. In Texas it's around $1,500 per year
max, with generic being $5. Their 3 month supply
program is good. I've used it and had very little
problems.

While moving might not be your idea of fun, the states
around you might offer better drug programs in their SS
HMOs. The amount of money being saved may well support
the logic of finding another state in which to CLAIM
residence. (Oops, the caps got stuck.)

Different subject -
While some folks may well have been cured of cancer by
using unorthodox methods and might be willing to spread
the word by writing a book concerning their cure, we
should still question the actual cancer and the degree
of "cure." One doctor in Houston has the backing of a
very large group of cured patients who support his use
of cancer medicine in which the main ingredient is
human urine. The FDA has yet to shut him down, and if I
had cancer I might be taking a serious look at his
medicine. If it works, great. The bad part is if it
doesn't work, it may very well cost you your life.

This is NOT to say that a veggie diet change is silly.
My experience is that it is just the opposite. A
totally veggie diet is probably one of the best moves
any of us could make.

Those of us with life threatening and life changing
medical problems are far too easy prey for those who
intend to make gobs of money by selling us their
"cure." To support some fellow in Africa to become
independent off of my desires for better health is a
little far reaching. All things considered, I think I'd
rather grow my bean sprouts by my own methods, in the
privacy of my own kitchen, and save the money for more
important things, like my own independence.

The internet is a dangerous place, as Dr. Meyer has
already said. On the off-beat side, and during one of
my more lucid periods, I jokingly claimed that the
cause of PD might actually be the rock'n roll music
that most of us listened to during the 50's and 60's
and that, if played backwards through earphones for
weeks on end, we might undo the damage that's been
done. While jokingly stated, it's a better theory than
most of the "cures" I've seen from those who pop-up on
this list with a regular frequency of about one every
two months.

Jerry
--
Help us save the horses! Habitat for Horses, Inc.
A lifetime home for abused, endangered horses.