In response to the poster below, I am amazed at the way our beautiful language can be used to bedazzle the ignorant. "...not clearly defined' might mean that its causality (etiology) is unknown;
"...quite likely involves" might also mean "we really do not know what we are talking about, but let's pin the tail on this side of the donkey"; of course, we are all born with 'genetic
predispositions' except that nobody knows what they are and what they are doing; and we are ALL exposed to various chemicals all our lives, be it from the natural or synthetic fertilizers in the
country or the effluent or burning chemicals from industry; unbound iron is just metallic iron like any old nail that the carpenter uses, and that certainly does not enhance free radical
formation. EDTA (ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) has been around for at least 50 years and has been used extensively in the analytical laboratories to separate and measure individual metallic
elements. It is but one of many chelating agents (from the Greek) that converts an insoluble heavy metal into a soluble metal complex; technically, heavy metals are those that are listed past
the transition metals in the periodic table. More recent techniques involving some form of chromatography are currently used for these analyses, and the production and price of EDTA, cheap
enough before, must have dropped precipitously, except perhaps for mind readers and snake charmers who can perform with any snake oil available for those who are willing to pay, often at the
expense of legitimate therapy. Parkinson' Disease is a terrible plight that robs its victims of a normal life and for which there is [still] no cure, and to rob these victims further by fraud is
unconscionable.

Michel Margosis

> Conclusion: New and exciting research now demonstrates that the etiology of  >Parkinson's disease, although not clearly defined, quite likely involves an  >environmentally induced
manifestation of a genetic predisposition. Thus,  individuals >with specific genetic defects causing hepatic detoxification  enzyme dysfunction may >develop Parkinson's disease as a result of
exposure  to certain environmental >xenobiotic chemicals proving neurotoxic. We  hypothesize that defects in fully >detoxifying xenobiotics may allow damage  to specific carrier systems for iron
allowing >increased concentration of  unbound iron in the substantia nigra leading to enhanced >free radical damage  to dopamine producing cells