Just a little before noon, I had a call from our PWP's wife. The MDS
was in this morning and as might be expected, our PWP was "on."  The MDS
had all the charts from the nurses and residents, but didn't look at
anything that had been recorded by our PWP's wife. He told her that what
she was telling him didn't make sense. I'm afraid a question I might
have asked is, "What, if anything about Parkinsons does?"
        However, the Requip has been cut back again, (four times a day instead
of six) which is what I expected, but the amantadine was increased -
another 100 mg late afternoon. I'm not happy about this given the fact
that our PWP has had hallucinations at night, and last night was another
restless night.
        The MDS doesn't feel that Requip would be causing the freezing, but
about 11.30, an hour and a half after the 10 o'clock dose, he was
frozen. The 2 o'clock dose has been stopped, so it will be interesting
to see if our PWP freezes again, as has been the pattern.
        This new plan is to be followed until Wednesday, and if things start
coming together, the MDS wants to start decreasing the levodopa.
        Also, the MDS checked for a swallowing response but our friend was
still unable to swallow. The speech pathologist will be in to see him
later today, and maybe she will be more successful. We can only hope...
        My thanks again to all of you.
Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^