On 1/4/99 Marty Rose wrote:

>Date:    Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:03:24 -0000
>From:    Marty Rose <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Handicap permits

>Hi Everyone!  Happy New Year.  Does anyone know if applying for handicap =
>parking permits in anyway could result in losing  your drivers license?  =
>Does it vary from state to state?  I live in Michigan.  Thanks for any =
>info anyone can provide.

>Marty Rose 58/10

Marty, I can't tell you what other states do but my experience in Vermont is
that approximately one year after applying for and getting a handicap parking
permit I received a letter from the DMV with a form attached that my physician
(PCP) had to fill out, certifying that I was physically capable of driving. This
is repeated annually. I can't think of anything else that could have triggered
the DMV's interest in me.

Ben McKeen  64/11dx

Ben McKeen [log in to unmask]