On 01/01/99 Wendy wrote:

>As implausible as this cure may seem, I hope we continue to have stories of
>healings being posted here, until it becomes reality, and a verifiable one.

Snip.....
>Generally, I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year is an
>exception, cuz I've got a doozy.  By the end of 1999, if not before, I
>intend to report to this list a story of my own "miraculous" healing.  While
>some may question the "miraculous" part of it, I will do the healing part.

Wendy, I am sure we all hope you can realize your resolution to cure yourself by
the end of this new year. Nevermind the physiological reality of ongoing loss
of dopaminergic brain cells, and the failure of research scientists in countless
labs worldwide to find a way to do that, perhaps you can do what they cannot.

BUT, as you said in the quote above, your triumph over PD must be a "verifiable
reality" to be credible. For that to happen you must be examined by a medical
facility recognized as an authority re PD. They must go on record establishing
that you do indeed have PD and identify the stage to which you have progressed.
You must also keep a regular record of your activities that are pertinent. This
would include diet, medications, and exercise programs, as well as the use of
meditation, humor, or herbal, spiritual, "new age", contributions, etc. Interim
follow-up exams should be included, perhaps quarterly. At the end of the year
the final exam by the experts in PD and a report of the results would be required.

If you have done all this and the miracle takes place, no one could doubt the result
and we would all rejoice. Without such verification, there would be doubt. This may
sound tedious and to be unnecessary overkill, but it is the barest minimum approach
to the scientific methodology that is the basis for credibility. If you are serious
in your resolve, you can do this for all of us. I hope with all my heart you will
succeed and show us all that it can be done. We would be happy to settle for
improvement.
Good Luck.

Martha