hi rachel

At 10:14 1999/01/05 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Members
>I have a serious problem - My husband was diagnosed with PD in May of
>1998, but I believe the symptoms have been present since 1990 or sooner.
>He has terrible anger - to the point where he has threatened to kill me
>twice - once he even put his hands to my throat.

if you feel yourself to be in personal danger
you must do what you have to feel safe
whether that is to leave the house, call the police,
or call a spousal abuse hot-line

this has to be your primary concern

>His temper will flare and his rage will burst over matters that I am
>unable to anticipate - example last night we had ice-cream cones but no
>ice cream in the house -  However, yesterday he did say to me he is so
>angry he feels vile and is ready to beat someone up.

it is good that
he is able to verbalize some of his anger
but if he gets 'swept away' by rage that he cannot control
he needs to get and accept help

those vile feelings are distortions and can be dealt with
if he really wants to deal with them
is beating someone up a manly act
or a childish one?

>He refuses to take his anti-depressent as he feels less like a man on
>them. He looks for reasons to be angry and tells me I irritate  him.  I
>am looking for help and hope someone will speak to me on this.

there is no logic in a depressed mind filled with distorted thinking
that is the reason your safety comes first
then his

who prescribed the anti-depressants?
you must make clear to the prescribing doctor
that you feel in danger and that your husband is out of control
describing the situation as you have here
should be clear enough for any medico
if not - find another one

but only when you feel safe

>Thank you,
>Rachel for Peter 73/73/71

please keep us updated on your situation

your and peter's cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>