Hilary, Ivan, et al....

One VERY important thing that was told  to me by another Parkie at
the time I was moaning 'n bitchin' to the List-members about how
awfully unkind  the camera had been to me when several of us L.A.
area PWPs were on the Leeza Show last month is that when ONE of us
makes it onto a TV program as a PD advocate, we're speaking for ALL
of us.:

It's NOT about any ONE of us here in the trenches.... it's about ALL
of us who live with and struggle with PD each day!  If any one of us
gets publicized on a TV program, they are speaking for EVERY victim
of PD and EVERY family member/care-giver involved in a daily battle
against Parkinson's.

Knowing Ivan's generous spirit, PLUS his burning desire to win the
war against Parkinson's as well as winning many skirmishes (our Ivan
is a FIGHTER!) along the way, I betcha Ivan'd be the FIRST person to
tell ya this is NOT an individual ego trip for him (tho none of us
would begrudge any others of us if we exhibited a bit of ego in
similar circumstances, now would we?) <smile>

If YOU make it onto a TV program along WITH Ivan, or INSTEAD of Ivan,
I feel Ivan'd be right there cheering ya on with a "YOU GO GIRL!"

It's hard to remember, in all the thrill and excitement of making a
TV appearance or being interviewed for a newspaper or magazine, that
while our individual egos are involved, we are NOT alone in this
war - we speak for and represent many thousands of OTHER people with
Parkinson's when one or a few of us gets those publicity
opportunities.

M. Ali has learned, and Michael J. Fox is learning that (tho it
appears they are the only two celebrities/luminaries that HAVE seen
the whole picture so far), and WE must learn also:  WE SPEAK FOR
*ALL*  WHO SUFFER FROM PD, when ONE of us publicly speaks out.

If Ivan's done the leg-work to get on the Lehrer Hour but YOU are
invited to be on the program - either along with Ivan or by yourself,
Ivan STILL wins, you win, I win, and ALL of us win.

We all win because someone, somewhere has scored one for the ENTIRE
Parkinson's community.

I salute both Ivan AND Hilary for their efforts on our behalf!  YOU
GO, YOUSE TWO! <--- Barb tips virtual hat in salute)

Barb Mallut