hi rachel

At 15:05 1999/01/05 -0500, you wrote to me, in part:
> Your warning that "there is no logic in a depressed mind filled with
>distorted thinking" made me realize that I am living with a person who
>speaks another language and therefore shared communication is useless.
>I will take special care concerning my safety - and most important I
>will be speaking to the Doctor.

this is good news on all counts!

your 'language' metaphor is right on the money
if your husband is stuck in the mire of clinical depression
his perception of his world is distorted
like fun house mirrors with no fun

when cd sufferers are able to verbalize their pain
they mean what they say - no exaggeration
and they feel what they describe
the emotional pain is real
even though the thinking is distorted

any mention of potential self- or other-inflicted violence
must be taken seriously and responded to
immediately

the physical results of such distorted thinking
can be devastatingly real

love

janet

janet paterson - 51 now /41 dx /37 onset - almonte/ontario/canada
<http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm>