On Tue 05 Jan, Sharon & Jim LeBlanc wrote:
> Glutathione Reductase deficiency or GR red is involved with all forms of
> parkinson's syndromes including low levels of glutathione, low vitamin E,
> low vitamin C, low phosphorylated B vitamins, increased superoxide
> dismutase mangangese, High manganese gives you PD, low P450, which effects
> many drugs including antihypertensives, low NADP-ferridoxin reductase
> destroyed by herbicides, low ubiquitin oxidoreductase, it blocks inhibition
> of adenylate cyclase just like pertussis, it prevents decarboxylation of
> dopa to dopamine. It prevents chelation of all free metals, increases PIP2
> and causes depression, increases intracellular calcium, which can cause
> kidney stones, decreases leukotrienes, causing skin diseases like seborrhea
> dermatitis and psoriasis, causes the inability to break down fatty acids,
> decreases the effectiveness of insulin receptors and can bring on adult
> onset diabetes, it increases T-cells, histamine, IgE cells, increases
> cyclooxygenase and inflammation effected by NSAID meds that exacerbate PD.
> It can be partially made by the malarial parasite plasmodium falciparum. Do
> you know any drug company trying this treatment for parkinsons?

Hello Jim,  I don't pretemd to understand all the terms which you list in
your e-mail, but I suggest that the points listed below may be relevant.

I understand that Amantadine, (that anti-viral agent which worked although
nobody could  explain why) actually works by inhibiting the glutamine system.

Almost a year ago, I took part in a preliminary trial of a drug called
Remacemide - A glutamate antagonist which is claimed to improve Dopamine
levels by inhibiting glutamate production, which in turn inhibits depletion
of Dopamine levels.  Unfortunately, I discovered that I had been given a
placebo, but I gather that changes of quite significant  magnitude were
experienced by other people in the trial.
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>