I spoke with our local Veterans service officer (for Polk County, Texas)
today and showed him your e-mail.  His name is Glenn C. Clark and his phone
is 409-327-6838.  His office is open mon-fri, 8:00am-5:00pm (closed noon)
CST.  Glenn is a very serious individual who appears to have returned his
sense of humor with the rest of his issued gear.  However, when you get to
know him, he is really a nice guy and he does appear to know his stuff.
Glenn said anyone who has served in the armed forces and received an
honorable discharge is a veteran and entitled to certain benefits,
especially regarding health care.  He said you can give him a call (have
documents from service  near) and he will either assist you or tell you
where to go for help in your area.  Hope this helps,
Bob   [log in to unmask]