This is probably a duplicate

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Kleynscheldt, Gerrit
        Sent:   Tuesday, January 05, 1999 12:42 PM
        To:     'Bill Harrington'; 'Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN'
        Subject:        RE: to Barbara with my condolences

        I agree with the condolences and put my voice behind that of Bill
with his beautiful poem.
        I think that most of the times we are sad it is mostly for ourselves
(almost an egotistical thing).  When we mourn the loss of someone close,
even a pet, I think it is because we mourn OUR loss.  The object of our
mourning actually has ALL the benefits - no more pain, unhappiness, and
other things typical of early life.  We should be HAPPY for their sake, and
slightly sad for our sake.  Although we are sad that they are gone, they
will not want to come back - back to the pain etc.
        This is no criticism for what has been said - just my general
feeling.

        Gerrit Kleynscheldt

        Tel:    +27 21 947 8918 (Local 021 947 8918)
        Fax:    +27 21 947 1521 (Local 021 947 1521)

        Please note the following:
        Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this
communication cannot be guaranteed.