Barbara Patterson's welcome message suggested that I might want to =
introduce myself once I joined this group.  I'm a new research coordinator =
for a genetic study of Parkinson's disease, and I was hoping to learn a =
couple of things from this group.

1.  My background is in genetics, not neruology.  I'm hoping to learn the =
general concerns of PWP's, to bring myself up to speed on the current and =
relevant issues for research participants whom I may contact in the =
future.

2.  I would like to hear from anyone who has an experience they would like =
to share about being asked to be in a research study.  Good experiences, =
bad experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc.  I've got some strong feelings =
about how to approach, and how not to approach, research participants. And =
recently I was approached to be in a research study as a participant, =
although for a different diagnosis.    I'd like to hear more specifically =
from folks with PD, however.  Were there things about being asked to =
participate that made you want to do so?  Made you angry?  Made you =
wonder? =20
(Pease no flaming or defaming - no names of other researchers need be =
mentioned -  I just want to learn what about research is important to you =
as a PWP).

Feel free to contact me off-list.  I look forward to learning with you!

Kate Dietrich, MS
Research Coordinator
Oregon Health Sciences University
1-800-767-1748