Val Archer wrote:

> The bottom line of healing with living foods (that is, foods that
> are still growing when we eat them, e.g. sprouted beans and baby
> greens) is to try it ourselves -  Please will you try the recipe
> for a month?

What happens in one month will be deceptive.  I am sure that many
people with Parkinson's disease will "feel" better in even less than
one month after changing to this diet.  But this would not be due to
the "healing" effect of the diet, but for two other reasons. First,
there is the placebo effect.  Are you familiar with this? Second,
changes in diet which involve a reduction in protein can produce
noticible changes in PD symptoms because dietary protein competes
with levodopa, the principle PD medication, getting to the brain.

The symptoms are not the disease.  One can experience a reduction in
symptoms of Parkinson's disease due to a change in diet or a
reduction in stress, but this does not mean that the underlying
disease mechanism has been influenced.

Parkinson's disease is the result of the degeneration of
dopamine-producing neurons over a long time period. You have to lose
70-80% of them before symptoms are noticible.  Differences in
symptoms due to a loss of these neurons are not noticible in one
month, nor, were this process to be delayed or even reversed by
diet, would this difference be noticible in one month.

> Dr. Wigmore devoted her life to healing very sick people, using
> living foods - she specialized in cancer...  Her methods work.  I
> am a living testimony to that.  She saved my life.

If you were cured of cancer by this diet, wonderful.  But you do not
demonstrate any knowledge of Parkinson's disease, which has quite a
different pathology.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990