Hi Janet - I joined Parkinson's to invite anyone who wanted to learn
more about healing with nutrition to join my mail-list.  BTW, I
forgot to mention in my last post that jars aren't good for
wheatgrass and baby greens - that's why I got a one-level automatic
sprouter myself (in addition to using the jars) - for the green
plants.  Bean sprouts grow beautifully in jars - but not wheatgrass!

I don't know personally anyone who's been healed from Parkinsons with
the living foods program.  But I'm very grateful to those in this
group who joined my mail-list because now we'll be able to see the
results first-hand of gradually changing over to an organic vegan
whole foods diet with a large dash of fresh home-grown food in it.
T. Colin Campbell, prof. of nutrition + biomedical science at Cornell
who headed The China Project - the biggest epidemiological study ever
undertaken of the relationship between our food choices and disease -
switched to a vegan diet as the evidence came in from the China
Project (he used to eat meat every day - his Ph.D. dissertation was
on how to increase protein content in cattle!) - more info on this if
you send for my recipe at [log in to unmask]

I haven't sold any sprouters yet.  When I do, I want to invest the
money in micro-enterprises for women in Africa, Asia, etc. - so they
can buy computers and have jobs, food, etc.  I'm a white African.  I
will reach out to such women by word-of-mouth initially - I have many
contacts across Africa, through friends and friends-of-friends.

$200 is set by the manufacturer.  I'm hoping to be able to get the
computers at discount from large distributors.

Free Knowledge, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) organization that I've
just started too.  Free Knowledge's goal is to raise funds for
computers for 'the poor', then GoGreen will help them get a business
going so they can pay back the money for their computers, and we have
cash for computer for the next community (see
http://www.gogreen.org/corp.htm).  I'd planned for GoGreen (the
taxable for-profit side of Free Knowledge) to be Free Knowledge Inc
d/b/a GoGreen.  This is common on the web, e.g. I was reading at
INB.com (internet News Bureau) last week a press release of a
not-for-profit in LA that's set up an entire mall to sell product for
its not-for-profit activities.  But it's a sensitive point with the
IRS.  Two days before I went up on the web, the IRS called me to say
GoGreen couldn't be a subsidiary of Free Knowledge because it gave an
unfair competitive advantage to the manufacturer of the sprouter!
Actually, Free Knowledge was going to ride on GoGreen's tails, not
other way round, so IRS had it upside-down.

Anyway, now GoGreen is Val Archer d/b/a GoGreen.  It's my choice to
invest the profits in micro-enterprises for women in Africa because
that's where my heart is.  I grew up with all that suffering round
me.  I have a part-time job that pays all my expenses.  Though one
day I plan for Free Knowledge/GoGreen to have mini-training centers
round the world to train 'the poor' in use of their computers and in
running co-op business and in healthy healing lifestyle.  I'll live
at one of those centers, so I'm creating for myself the lifestyle I
want to live.  I'm not into material things - every piece of
furniture in my house is second-hand (except my computer).  Even my
fax I chose a refurbished one from Netscape Mall.  I want to serve.
That's my joy.

A business is intrinsically for-profit, I agree, but we can run it in
a way where we care for our customers, our environment, our
community, for everyone who works in the business,  etc.  In other
words, we can rip off planet earth and all living beings on it, or we
can try create a new world through business, and through our actions
in our daily life.

Sorry, Janet, I think I created the wrong impression with my first
post - I'm just starting to reach out to people and share my
knowledge about healing with whole foods.  And I'm learning as I go
along.  I appreciate very much your feedback and the dialog you got
going - you've taught me a little more as to how I should extend the
invitation to folks to join a mail-list on nutritional healing.

Thanks!  Val