AS a physician I want to reemphasize Barbs NOOOO about compazine.  Not only can it make PWP's worse,
it can actually cause Parkinson's symptoms in people without the illness.  Compazine works by
blocking the transmission of Dopaminergic Neurons.. That is obviously a problem with impaired
dopamine production.

I never say never but  except possibly in the rarest occasion (I can't think of one) COMPAZINE
SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO ANYONE WITH PARKINSON'S DISEASE.

Charlie

Barb_MSN wrote:

> Compazine???   NOOOOO!!!  For Parkies, that drug's a MAJOR "no-no!"
> It actually can make one's PD symptoms WORSE!

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.
Middleton (Madison), Wisconsin