John, I am one of the newly diagnose members you referred to in your letter.
Since being on the list, I have received some good advice, some bad.  I've
seen terrific support shown to those who need it, and a BS message for those
who needed that.  I haven't been reading the list long enough to know what
the original purpose was, but I know I enjoy what I've read so far.  Y2K, to
me, is a non-issue and that is why I have a delete key.  Steps to consider
in talking to the media is something I will use, since I write a newsarticle
every week, and am on the radio/TV regularly.  I guess what I'm trying to
say is I like the list as is.  No, I don't get all the messages, but again,
there is that little delete key.
I hope the list continues similar to what it is now.  It gives me a break
from trying to wait for meds to kick in, or sleep to come, and it lets me
know I am not alone with my fears.  when I was first diagnose, I felt like
giving up....my body is already going, why fight it?  Reading this list,
listening to others and knowing I'm not alone makes it easier to face the
future, and quit wasting time "why me'ing".
Bob