We went through the VA in Cincinnati and had no trouble getting meds. I
was prepared for a long process, but all they asked was my mother to fill
out some basic paperwork which listed their assets and medical expenses.
There was no verification, to my knowledge, of it's truthfulness. Dad
then waited about an hour for a basic questioning by a doctor, which
mainly involved a list of his meds. He wrote the prescriptions and
we were out of there, meds in hand, within a 2 hour window. After that
mother just called and had the prescriptions refilled and sent by mail.
They were never charged anything for this. I wish we had pursued this
years ago, but we never thought about it. Dad passed away in Nov. so
we never had the opportunity to see what else might have been available
for him, such as long-term care. Hope this helps.
Marcia