I'm not sure I'm addressing this properly but I hope someone will let
me know. Actually  I'm not all that new, I've been listening and
learning from you for almost a year.  I'm 51 and was diagnosed in
December '97.  Had symptoms for about a year, maybe more but tried to
blame them on using the mouse on my computer (which I use a lot at
work).  Thought I had a pinched nerve because my right arm, shoulder and
hand were stiff and ached.  Used to be able to type 100 wpm, now 10 on a
good day.  Currently taking amantadine (2xday) and requip (3xday).
Neither one seem to be doing anything, but just started the requip 4 wks
ago.   Right leg won't relax, voice going, balance not good.  Greatful
that I can still work as my  job no longer requires a lot of typing.
Sorry to ramble, but have a question... is it better to try to get by
and put off medications or keep trying til something makes a
difference.  I know all meds have side effects.  I'm a patient person
and don't like taking  meds (but I don't like feeling handicapped
either)

Thanks for listening.