Sherilyn Sherry wrote:

> .. symptoms .. tried to blame them on using the mouse on my
> computer ... Thought I had a pinched nerve ... right arm, shoulder
> and hand were stiff and ached.

Hello and welcome.  I had similar mouse pains and first thought it was
tendinitis.  I started reading about repetitive stress injuries and
joined the "sorehand" mailing list. A physiatrist said it wasn't due
to PD and put me on physical therapy which didn't work. In the end it
helped to switch mouse hands.  With hindsight I think I may well have
had tendinitis, but due to the repeated struggle against PD stiffness
and dystonia.  Who am I to say?

> .. is it better to try to get by and put off medications or
> keep trying til something makes a difference.  I know all meds have
> side effects.

By "medications" I'm guessing you mean sinemet or sinemet CR.
I'm also guessing that nothing else will work as well for the level of
symptoms you are experiencing, and that the improvement will far
outweigh the side effects.

Some people delay starting sinemet because after 5 or 10 years it
becomes harder to maintain the balance of minimum symptoms and minimum
side effects, and after that period dyskinesia becomes more of a
bother. Now that I'm nearly out of that period I find the symptoms to
be far worse that the side effects.

Also, I think that the 5 to 10 year period is relative to the
beginning of the symtoms, not to the beginning of taking sinemet. I
could be wrong on this point, and would appreciate someone correcting
me if so.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990