At 05:59 AM 1/10/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, gang, I think we've finally gotten what we asked for. IMHO, I
>think that we've argued it to death & now newer listmembers are afraid
>to post anything, while the older ones grapple with "should I send it or
>not?"
>Remember the old saying "be careful what you ask for because you just
>might get it." Well, perhaps, we got it!!

The lively "My science is better than your science" discussions are not
nearly as fun one on one and they are with 1650 involved.....:)

Email lists are best served as anarchies. The free flow of ideas....the
reader be aware.

Of course until you have had a chance to read a few posts...you have no
idea of personal agendas and persuasions.

After a while you learn to become a selective reader.

The Parkinsn List is the same, you just have to go to an extra step in
being quick triggered to jump in on a juicy topic....put
[log in to unmask] in your address book..because if you hit the
reply button...it goes to the sender and no one will learn from your reply.

Good ideas can withstand the darkness of gloom in the light of day on the
Parkinsn List.

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Search the Parkinsn Archive Treasures on line at:
               http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/archive/patp.html
             *NEW*Click the page ads and use the new search tools*NEW*
John Cottingham