> Dear Ivan,

> I like your list. I wish I had had it in my hands 4 days ago, when I faced the
> Lehrer News Team.

> But that has been and gone. Now we must look forward to the next time.  I see
> your 10 points falling into 5 main categories, which sometimes overlap:
>         1       Fundraising
>         2       Research
>         3       Publicity
>         4       Care
>         5       Politics
>
>         1       Fundraising
>
>         a       Coordinate events for April - Parkinson's awareness month
>         b       Philanthropic, private, federal, state or provincial, local funds for PD
                  friendly housing, long term, qualified home care,
appropriately paid
>         c       tracking the fate of the Udall funds: what has happened to the $100 millon
>                 we were promised?
>
>         2       Research

>         a       During April, Parkinson's awareness month, should co-ordinate  fund raising
>                 events for research into causes and possible cures for PD.
>         b       Pressure NIH to use the Udall funds appropriately ie for PD research directly
>         c       Prioritize media coverage of research, in molecular, biochemical and
                  cellular fields, into the various forms of Parkinson's

                  3               Publicity

          a       Reshaping public and media perceptions of the 'typical PWP'
and increasing
                  visibility, especially on TV.
          b       Planning public information campaigns, especially through TV
and radio about
                  medical and surgical options available.
          c       Prioritizing media coverage of research in biochemical,
cellular and genetic
                  research on the different types of Parkinson's.

          4       Care

          a       Public awareness of the need for quality caregivers,
decently paid
          b        See Fundraising, point b
          c       Establishing cris prevention plans  as per Ivan's list
          d       Inner city and rural mobile screening clinics
          e       PWPs as consultants as per Ivan's list
          f       Creating respite care and support services for exhausted and
worn out cgs

          5       Politics

                  Mainly, the whole deal about whether NIH has been using the
Udall funds for
                  the exact purpose that they were intended. And where exactly
is the money going?

Basically what I have done is taken Ivan's wonderful and succinct agenda, and
rearranged it into a form that is easier for me to follow. There is some
overlapping, because of this. But there was nothing I could find to add, or
substansively change in any way.
Once again, I must say that I wish I had had this available to me when I did
the interview. Well, better luck next time. Thanks, Ivan, for all the help and
support you gave me then over the phone, and now for preparing this agenda so
that it is available for anybody else who is interviewed.

hiLary bLue