In Portland, Oregon, ABC aired the program "Inside Edition" which contained
the anticipated segment of a 14 year old boy with Parkinsons.  The segment
was shown at 12:50 AM, (PST) Jan. 7th.  Although the segment lasted less
than three minutes, I thought that it was fairly well done.  The public will
find this story troubling if not absolutely shocking!  The youngster, who
lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, apparently has experienced symptoms since he
was about 10 years old.  Some of his symptoms (as I recall) were drooling,
swallowing difficulties, slowness, stiffness.  His symptoms were contrasted
with those of MJF stressing the differences in his symptoms and their unique
ramifications..........thus the two "main types" of Parkinsons as we know.
The boy was shown being carried (piggy-back) up the stairs to his bedroom.
The camera showed a consortium of medications that he was taking.......I saw
6-8 seperate containers grouped together.

Many thanks to this brave young man and his family for taking our cause
another substantial step toward public awareness.  The stark realities of
Parkinsons must be brought to light.  The more awareness created>>>the
faster we will see our cure!

Aloha!

Jay Henkelman
48/39/30