My husband (the PWP) and I have been battling PD officially since diagnosis by
the V.A. inl986.  We have learned that  "what you don't know , can definitely
hurt
you"  so we are definitely interested in educating ourselves about PD in
everyway
(though we respect doctors tremendously), and have only recently acquired the
ability to communicate "on-line"...
     After being married 23 yrs, we make a pretty good team - and I think he
is doing
quite well after  l3-l5 yr. with PD  but we also know we need to keep
constantly
 "in touch",   Support groups don't fit our personalities or lifestyle (We are
loners,
and independants, but not isolationists).  We feel this information exchange
is a
tremendously important aspect of overcoming  the difficulties of dealing with
such
a catastrophic blessing...We hope we can contribute input that may be helpful
others fortunate enough to have access to this wonderful resource.
     We are looking forward to interacting with many of you listeners, but I
do
hope you will have patiance with me since I am a newcomer to the computer age
and know I will make plenty of mistakes.    I, myself, have writing
aspirations and
hope to put any talent I may have to active and beneficial use to the
Parkinsons
community.  I am totally devoted to my husband's care and he is totally
devoted to
keeping a winning attitude and not letting PD eliminate his life.
     I will be glad to give further details of his medications, experiences,
beliefs, etc.
to anyone interested.   Thank you...
                                                 Marie