Ivan, Anne R. 'n All.....

WHAT exquisite timing ya had in posting a much-needed, and pertinent
"10 Agenda Items list, Ivan!

On Saturday, Jan. 16, the Tri-Valley PD Support Group at
Encino Hospital is hosting a panel discussion at our
general meeting with guest speakers who are staff reporters
for 2 major local daily newspapers  (errr.... actually the ONLY
local dailies in L.A. at this time).   (For those in the L.A. area
who may wish to attend this meeting, I'll include info at  the end of
this post) <ALL welcome!>

For the past few weeks I've been beating my brains out trying to come
up with such a PD-Agenda list to use as a CORE of
issues to present to the press, but found myself bogged down because
I'd never addressed ALL PD-related needs and
ssues in toto.

It has been SUCH a struggle for me to narrow my focus to a workable
number of items to list - a SUCCINCT number.... (It appears I've been
suffering a case of "Couldn't see the forest
for the trees syndrome!) <smile>  The Agenda List will serve very
well, tho, in presenting the core issues to address at our meeting.

Personally, I think we should fine-tune Ivan's agenda as much as
possible (tho Ivan did SUCH a terrific job, that it looks like he
covered the most important items!) to make sure no vital PD-issue has
been overlooked.  Then the final draft of such an agenda should be
made available to the major PD Organizations as representing the
voice of the greater Parkinson's Community.  And THEN every effort
should be made to see that the Agenda is shared by as many regional
and local PD  support groups as possible.

Information about Tro-Valley PD Support Group's "Meet the Press"
meeting:

WHAT:     "Parkies Meet the Press"
WHEN:     Saturday, January 16
WHERE:  Encino Hospital
                  16237 Ventura Blvd.
                  Encino, CA (Greater Metropolitan L.A. Area)
TIME:        1 to 3 p.m.
NOTE:      Post-meeting, we often drop by a nearby Deli for
                  dessert or an early supper.
DIRECTIONS:  Encino Hospital is one long block east of
                  Hayvenhurst, on Ventura Blvd.  Parking is ample
                  and free.
QUESTIONS?   Call Barb Mallut, at (818) 705-3037