To Charlie and the List Members,

I think there are assumptions being made that maybe a bit premature. I have
not found a reduction of material that is of great interest to members of
the list. It also in a slow time of the year for most people, and I think
there has been a reduction of postings related to the Holiday Season. I do
not think that enough time has lapsed to make a reasonable judgement. It
also seems to me that folks asking questions have received many supportive
answer as demonstrated by the acknowledgment of those answers.

I have found that I am answering many postings directly to the initial
submitters of the posting. I also am receiving more responses back to me.
Such interaction seems a lot more personal than what I remember viewing
before our change of format.

This posting of this letter is in response to Charlie's request for open
dialog on this subject.

 We have over 1600 folks who receive information from this list, yet we
have a very small number of people who submit postings. This suggests to me
that the greatest majority of members derive a significant amount of
satisfaction from our list to stay on. If I were to see a significant
decline of membership, then I would wonder about the value of the format.
Barbara would then share that with us and we could then revisit the decision.

Bernie Barber, a very proud 2nd time Grandfather .