Dear List members,
        On Wednesday we were able to convince the MDS that Requip was causing
problems, so as of Friday, it had been eliminated. However, he then
decided to increase amantadine from 200mg to 300mg a day. This on top of
1600mg of levodopa.
        We weren't happy about adding or increasing the amantadine, but on
Friday the MDS talked about changing the timing of the Sinemet from
100mg every hour to 100mg every two hours next week. I thought that
seemed reasonable, because we had really made a point of telling him
that the levodopa was too high.
        Today I got a call from our friend, who said he was feeling a little
better and his wife said he is weak but able to move around slowly on
his own most of the time. He still can't swallow and his speech is
somewhat slurred. However, this is a big improvement from two weeks ago
when he was almost completely frozen most of the time.
        It does appear that the Requip was not agreeing with our friend, but I
also think he was taken off Tasmar too quickly. We have also heard from
others who had freezing problems when they were coming off Tasmar, but
none as severe as what our friend was experiencing.
        The latest word on meds change is that the MDS is talking about adding
Permax on Tuesday, but there was no mention of decreasing the Sinemet.
I'm concerned about this...
        Thoughts anyone???

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                         ^^^